park4night > > Detail of a place
Daily parking lot only
Königslutter, 995 Langeleben
Parking lot of a cemetery: starting point for hikes (hiking map available on a board at the parking lot). Langeleben, which was officially dissolved in 1936 after almost 800 years, today only consists of a forest clearing, a seminar house and a retirement home. There is also the remains of a medieval moated castle, which was destroyed by fire in the Thirty Years' War, the stones of which were used 60 years later by the Duke of Brunswick to build a baroque castle, which in its heyday served as a noble country residence for hunts in the Elm - back then Frederick the Great was also a guest here ... But another period of decline followed, and from 1830 the dilapidated castle was torn down just to use the stones. Today the remains from the Middle Ages and the 18th century lie as enchanted contemporary witnesses in the Elm clearing and are cautiously looked after as such. The lakes and ponds of the moated castle are swamps covered in duckweed. A small, no more than half an hour hiking trail leads around the site and is well worth a visit.
Id : 201424 - Créé le 12 08 2020 par Jannes_P
0 comment (s)